Your child spends hours in his or her bedroom and playroom, so it is important to create a fun atmosphere that stimulates the imagination, as well as providing a sense of comfort and security. Here are some of the things you will want to keep in mind when buying kids’ furniture and decorating your child’s space.
1. Theme: Choosing a theme, or having your child pick a decorating scheme, will make shopping for furnishings and accessories much easier. Whether you have a little prince or princess, a future firefighter, or an animal lover, a themed bedroom or playroom will fuel your child's imagination and create a space that is uniquely their own.
2. Safety: Safety is always an important consideration; you will want to choose children's furniture that is made with non-toxic materials, including lead-free and non-toxic paint and finishes, and is free of any sharp edges or corners that can cause injury to kids. If you are looking for storage solutions, look for toy boxes with safety hinges and lid supports to be sure that heavy lids won't fall on your child. You will also want to be sure that the toy box you get has side vents, to prevent your child from suffocating should he or she accidentally become trapped inside the chest. Furniture with wheels should have a locking mechanism to prevent rolling or falls.
3. Durability: Kids are rough on furniture. While discount store furnishings may seem like a good deal, they are not necessarily built to last, and you may find yourself replacing them before your child has outgrown them. Look for solid wood furnishings from quality manufacturers like Levels of Discovery that will last through years of tough use.
4. Versatility: Especially when space is limited, furniture that serves more than one purpose is a great option. Beds with storage drawers, toy boxes that double as benches, and step stools with storage are great choices for your child's bedroom.
5. Cleanability: Small children are not noted for keeping their things clean; you can expect spills, smears, and marks from paint and crayons to occur over and over again. Choosing furniture that can be easily wiped clean will save you hours of unnecessary work.
A Kid Place has everything you need to outfit your nursery, child's bedroom or playroom with attractive, high-quality furnishings and accessories that will last for years. We have great deals on Levels of Discovery furniture, as well as several other award-winning manufacturers, with free shipping for eligible items.
Post a Comment